eXpurgate Anti-Spam is a unique spam filter and e-mail categorization service based on Eleven’s own Bulkcheck technology.
How it works
It examines e-mails for the key characteristic of spam: distribution as bulk e-mail. Each e-mail is reduced to a short fingerprint that is compared to the fingerprints of other e-mails stored in the central eXpurgate database. Both identical as well as sufficiently similar e-mails are used as basis of comparison. The method provides trustworthy detection for determining whether the e-mail is part of a bulk mailing. Additional inspection procedures allow for reliable differentiation between undesired (spam) and desired (e.g. newsletters) bulk e-mails.
eXpurgate Anti-Spam offers the following key advantages
as compared to conventional spam filters:
- Zero False Positives®: the bulk e-mail criterion prevents individual, business-relevant e-mails from being incorrectly categorized as spam, resulting in a false-positive rate below 0.00001%.
- Reliable spam recognition rate: eXpurgate Anti-Spam identifies on average more than 99% of all spam e-mails.
- No effort: eXpurgate anti-spam requires no elaborate calibrations, learning curves, or periodic updates – instead, it comes completely ready to use. No maintenance or regular updates is ever necessary.
- Highest degree of data protection: eXpurgate doesn’t access e-mail contents and exclusively uses infrastructures that adhere to strict German data security regulations.
- E-mail categorization: eXpurgate reliably categorizes every incoming e-mail. For example, legitimate individual messages (clean) are differentiated from desired (bulk) and undesired (spam) bulk e-mails.
eXpurgate Anti-Spam is a core part of Eleven Managed E-Mail Security.